Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Why Adopt

Hi,

Chase and I have always said that we were open to adoption, but were never quite sure when or from where. Well, that all changed a month ago when 16 orphans from the Ukraine came to our church and community through a hosting program.  From the first moment I spent with them I felt that God was telling me to do something about this tremendous need.  As I drove home from church that night I prayed and called my husband and told him what I saw in those children.  In traditional Chase fashion he said "Lets do it!".  My best friend Laura Johnson had it exactly right when she said "It's been a whirlwind of a few weeks".  I have spent hours upon hours reading and researching to find the direction God wanted us to take.  While some would casually wait for direction, my new found passion for this drove me to hurry as if the very life of our soon to be adopted child was getting away from us.  I have also seen an incredible out pouring of pretty much everything from families to get those 16 Ukrainian orphans adopted and I have seen God work mightily as only He can to move hearts towards what I believe we all should be doing more of.  Why Ethiopia?  We chose this country because of the severe poverty, scarce medical treatment available, and vast number of orphans.  God gave us a special burden for this place and I believe we will be involved there long after our adoption is complete.  We simply don't have the funds to adopt but God has endless resources to help us!  These next couple of months will be a new step of faith for our family.  We have never tried to raise money for anything personal before.  I know God will provide with 100% of my heart.  In the meantime God has really pressed upon my heart to be faithful in the small things and the big things that He has already given us.  I would love to have your prayers and support through this process.  I will write to you soon!
Jenny Gardner

1 comment:

  1. Chase and Jenny,
    We're stoked for you guys. Eileen and I were in Ethiopia for the summer and came home with our little guy Caleb. He's super awesome and such a joy. We met some folks from Raleigh over there, two couples who were adopting from Ethiopia, one of them is the worship pastor at a Foursquare church in Cary. Anyways. Stoked for you guys. Ethiopia will enrich your life!
    Byron

    ReplyDelete