Sunday, September 26, 2010

How God is Working

Its amazing to sit back and watch this whole adoption process unfold. We knew this would be a complete act of faith. There is no way, on paper, we can come up with the amount of money we need. Add in two kids under two, full time jobs in ministry during the fall, and four major events like weddings and church wide outreaches- raising $10,000 seems impossible. But God is so faithful. I love the words of Karl's song this morning taken from Psalm 89, "O LORD God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you."


And its true. His faithfulness has been so visible. From the countless people who have donated items for the yard sale coming up, to the hundreds that have lifted us up in prayer, God is showing His faithfulness through His church. So far we've raised about 60$ not counting our savings. Just this morning a man walked up to me who I had never met. He heard about our adoption and handed me a check. I thanked him honestly for the 20 or 40$ I thought he had given. But when I made my way into the church, I began to cry. The check was for $1,000! 


We now need about $8,910 to reach our goal, and we're not worried one bit. We know God will use people we don't even know in the coming months to bring our precious little child home from Africa. And I'm so excited to watch as God proves His faithfulness to all those that our watching. I know will do much more than simply rescue a little child. He'll bring glory to His name and call many other children into a relationship with Him through this. For that's truly His heart. As the Psalmist says in Psalm 68:



A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
       is God in his holy dwelling.
 God sets the lonely in families, 
       he leads forth the prisoners with singing;


Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,
       who daily bears our burdens.
       Selah
 Our God is a God who saves;
       from the Sovereign LORD comes escape from death.




2 comments:

  1. Oh Chase, what a blessing! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome story, I am so happy that things are coming together for your family!!

    ReplyDelete